[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] Community vs. Licensing

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 09:37:31 BST 2010

On 1 September 2010 18:30, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
> Still in OppositeLand, JohnSmith?

Can't figure out any better insults?

> The Contributor Terms trust future OSM contributors to make the right
> choices for future OSM licenses. Do you trust current and future OSM

At least be honest about it, the CTs as they read now, basically state
OSM is likely to become PD in future, I don't prescribe to the moral,
and I would never have signed up to OSM if it had been anything less
at the time.

> do not trust current OSM contributors.  You treat them with what
> appears to be contempt.  You won't even provide a bare minimum of

Yes, we contributors are being treated with contempt alright, besides
not being asked what we contributors want, since this whole thing
started it's been nothing but dirty tricks to try and get the license
changed.

> context in your changeset comments for other OSM contributors.

Wow, that's the best you can do?

How about mentioning the 10's of 1000's of change sets attributed to
me to help improve the map, how about the 100s if not 1000s of dollars
I've spent on fuel + GPS equipment trying to improve the map, how
about the time and effort I spent submitting patches to improve JOSM,
how about the time and effort I spent making apps for phones to help
improve the map...