[OSM-legal-talk] OS Opendata & the new license

Kevin Cordina Kevin.Cordina at olswang.com
Tue Sep 28 20:12:11 BST 2010

If the OS data is OK, then how can something that is essentially the same not be OK.  If your point is that the data is incomplete, then there can be no debate.  But the quality of the data that is there is the same as the OS data.

120 errors in road names out of how many roads, and how are those 'errors' categorised?  It depends what you compare the data to.

As you say the OS data suits my needs.  However there seems to be a view that because "you aim higher" my low-level of contribution shouldn't be allowed and are damaging the project.  I find this odd and in contrast to the community nature of OSM.  Everything I do is clearly tagged with the source, so please do come along, survey, correct and add to it.  Everyone is then happy.  I fail to see why my contribution that has a direct and measurable impact on the use of the project, shouldn't be done _in case_ it puts someone off improving it further.

Kevin