[OSM-legal-talk] Rights granted to OSMF (Section 2 of the CT)

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Sun Apr 17 18:40:14 BST 2011

I found 2 other questions about with the CT

1. CT1.2.4/8: What is the reason that the Vienna convention (United
Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods ) in
its entity excluded ?  Has this something to do with the fact that the
UK as the only European country did not sign "one of the most successful
international uniform laws" ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Convention_on_Contracts_for_
the_International_Sale_of_Goods

2. Has the OSMF any commercial intentions ?  I cannot imagine that OSMF
want to sell the OSM-database to anyone (??!); or is the following
phrase meant to transfer (sub-license) the right for commercial
applications to our "customers" and does it need better words ...!
>From CT 1.2.4/2
" These rights explicitly include commercial use, and do not exclude any
field of endeavour."

Sorry if I missed some part of the discussion.