[OSM-legal-talk] feedback requested

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 11:37:35 GMT 2011

On 20 December 2011 21:27, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> LWG would like feedback on a couple of items relating to cleaning
> tainted data as we all prepare for the data base transition.
>
> Draft minutes are here.
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1ZIQSl0xXpUFbqTeknz61BYgfCINDTzlAWomOiGxhgG8
>
> Of particular interest are:
> - can node positions be cleaned by moving to a new position?

These question should really be asked to a lawyer who also knows how
OSM works.  I understand the LWG may want to ask the community if this
is worth consulting.  But ultimately the cleanness criteria are not up
for voting or discussion in a circle of people who obviously want to
be done with this process without losing their contributions (or
anyone else who's not expert in IPR really)

(on the other hand there is a lot of things that could, and maybe
should, be decided by all of community but instead are decided in a
small group, like the date for the switch to a next phase of the
license change process)

> - is a mapper declaration of odbl=clean interesting and helpful in
> reconciling the data base?

Definitely, and I think odbl=no would also be useful to mark objects
that are known to come from ODbL-incompatible sources but whose
contributors accepted Contributor Terms 1.2.4, of which there is a
significant number.

Cheers