[OSM-legal-talk] CTs and the 1 April deadline

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jan 4 15:48:22 GMT 2011

Hi,

On 01/04/11 16:02, Anthony wrote:
>> But what could we do?
>
> Let people remove their data if they don't agree to future licensing
> terms.

No, that is not acceptable to me. Someone who participates in OSM must
have the willingness to accept what the majority wants, or else they
should not participate in the first place.

I don't want "provisional" contributions that can be withdrawn at any
later time. Such would only lead to a "better to delete what others have
done and re-make it than to build on their work" attitude. Such an
opt-out clause would mean: We're not a community building something
together, we're a pot where everyone can temporarily put their personal
contribution but remove it at any time.

Bye
Frederik