[OSM-legal-talk] CTs and the 1 April deadline

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 12:36:12 GMT 2011

On 5 January 2011 22:28, Grant Slater <openstreetmap at firefishy.com> wrote:
> Our mapping is (likely) illegal in North Korea and a few other

You have mentioned China, because mapping there is illegal without the
proper permits or whatever you need.

> regions. I bet we would not remove the data even if formally demanded
> by the North Korean Government etc.

Since OSM data is hosted in the UK this is mostly a strawman argument.
This is argument is only applicable for those that are collecting data
by survey, since they would be breaking the law.

> The language choice of language is intentional.

What exactly is your point here?