[OSM-legal-talk] Exception in OpenDataLicense/Community Guidelines for temporary file

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Fri Jul 1 10:19:15 BST 2011

David Groom wrote:
> We also have be mindful of the OSM guideline of substantial [1], which
> seems to indicate that only very small extracts counts as insubstantial.

I think the thing about these guidelines is that they are meant to be
Community Guidelines: "here's what the OSM community expects of data users".

We are the OSM community. We're discussing this for the first time. It is,
really, up to us to write the guidelines. Should we have one on access to
derivative databases?

cheers
Richard