[OSM-legal-talk] A case for CT + CC-BY-SA

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Mon Jul 25 12:20:41 BST 2011

Richard Fairhurst <richard at ...> writes:

>I see plenty of bad guys taking advantage of OSM. I've catalogued elsewhere
>how OSM is being used without attribution, without share-alike, all the
>time. I only have to walk down to our village station to see an example of
>an OSM map being used improperly.

That sucks, but is it really the case that changing the licence would fix it?
I thought most such cases were resolved by contracting the other party.

Is it really true that someone has refused to do the right thing because they
don't think the CC-BY-SA licence is enforceable?  If so are details available?

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>