[OSM-legal-talk] Phase 4 and what it means

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Sun Jun 5 17:12:11 BST 2011

On 05.06.2011 02:09, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> means for them. I know for a fact that among the current disagreeing
> mappers there are some who intend to stay with OSM and who are just
> holding out until the last minute; and I know there are some who simply
> wanted to delay their decision until later.
These have actively declined the license. What about all these mappers
who can't be reached any more? Anonymous edits (uid=0)?

I have some recent statistic of a comparably small community.
For Thailand currently 31% of all contributors (that are still visible
in the planet as last author) have not responded. Of these 162 mappers a
quite large number of 41 (25%) has not contributed over the past two
years. Quite likely they won't respond to the email ever.
These edits sum up to 2,18 percent of the total nodes.

I have the feeling that remapping this data has a lot less potential for
a conflict than remapping data of a somewhat active contributor who
recently declined but may change his mind.

How to deal with these edits? What to advise in regard to abandoned
accounts?

My statistic only counts contributions in this small area. for more
reliable figures the global "last edit date" would be needed.

Stephan