[OSM-legal-talk] section 4.6 of ODbL was [talk-au] Statement from nearmap.com regarding submission of derived works from PhotoMaps to OpenStreetMap

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Sun Jun 19 23:35:26 BST 2011

Frederik,

if what you say is true, that is indeed good news.  In my naivety I had
assumed that the actual derived database that you were required to
produce( or the file containing all of the alterations made to the ,or the
method of making the alterations to the Database (such as an algorithm),
including any additional Contents, that make up all the differences between
the Database and the Derivative Database) was the one that had been used to
produce the "produced work".  I hadn't realised that any copy of the OSM
database, even if that copy could not itself be used to produce the
"produced work", would suffice.

David