[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] Licensing Working Group

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Mar 24 09:38:52 GMT 2011

Hi,

On 03/24/11 09:23, Andrew Harvey wrote:
> ...and many prospective contributors are being shunned away because a
> new contributor doesn't have the same privileges as existing
> contributors. i.e. existing contributors can use non-CT compatible
> data, but new users cannot.

That's a funny distinction you're making there.

Technically, anyone "can" use any data source, even if it is not
compatible with the OSM license; if this is found out, that data will of
course be removed.

Assuming that Nearmap-derived data is indeed not compatible with the
future OSM license, I fail to understand how contributing data that will
later be deleted is a "privilege".

I will not discuss this issue further on the talk list, as it is a topic
for legal-talk and will only annoy those on talk who are not interested
in legal matters.

Bye
Frederik