[OSM-legal-talk] RAND Corporation license violation

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Wed Mar 30 14:49:50 BST 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Julio Costa Zambelli
<julio.costa at openstreetmap.cl> wrote:
> I was checking some papers at work today and accidentally found this license
> violation (both Attribution and Share-Alike) by the RAND Corporation:
> http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/monographs/2011/RAND_MG1100.pdf (Page
> 20(42))
> It seems like a modified Marble screenshot to me (no attribution
> whatsoever).

Yes, that map on the top half of page 42 of a 164 page report does
look similar to
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=36&lon=119.6&zoom=4&layers=M

Rand appears to credit Central China Television.

What do you suggest that the OSM community should do about this?