[OSM-legal-talk] OSM Database Re-Build

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Wed Nov 16 16:09:48 GMT 2011

Simon Poole wrote:
> That said, I believe P2 now has a tool that will completly replace
> a node with a new one at the same coordinates which is a bit of
> a fix for your specific issue.

Just for clarification - what it actually does is remove the node (in a way)
and create a new one at your _mouse_ position. You are choosing where to
create the node. Neither the position nor the tags are inherited from the
old node.

(If you've not tried it: select old node, press O.)

cheers
Richard