[OSM-legal-talk] Adopt a PD-Mapper ....... was Re: Refusing CT but declaring contributions as PD

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 09:37:23 BST 2011

On 1 September 2011 18:25, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:
> Obviously I would clearly prefer that the mappers in question simply
> discover some pragmatism and get over any issues they may have with the
> OSMF.

That's an interesting spin on things, wouldn't the pragmatic approach
be for OSM-F to work with CC to come up with a CC-by-SA license that
is deemed more suitable?

Not that I see anything wrong with the current license, in fact the
whole exercise seems like a knee jerk reaction because some think
something "must be done".