[OSM-legal-talk] ODbL for publications comparing OSM with areference dataset

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Wed Sep 7 10:53:34 BST 2011

Hi Angelika,

Please note that OSM is currently distributed under the CC-BY-SA

license. There are plans to create a ODBL version of this database as a

"derived work",  but the required modifications to the database have not

yet started and the community has not yet agreed on a date for this to

happen. Until the ODBL version is available I suggest that you do

not apply OSM data but on an experimental basis, as the availability

of the data under ODBL is not yet assured.

I suggest that you put some pression on the new OSMF board -being newly

elected this week- to publish a schedule for the switch-over so as to
allow

you -and others- to build a serious business model with OSM.

Until then I suggest you to refrain.

Note that I am just a member of the community, and in no

way speaking for the whole of it.

Gert Gremmen

Openstreetmap.nl  (alias: cetest)

P Before printing, think about the environment.