[OSM-legal-talk] Interpretation of a Mexian license

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat Aug 11 19:11:45 BST 2012

I recently came across an undocumented import where the source has a license
in Spanish. Not speaking Spanish, I can't interpret this license but the
Google translation raises some concerns with at least one of the terms.
The license is located at
http://www.inegi.org.mx/inegi/acercade/condiciones.aspx?=492

The term that I have concerns with is "Queda por tanto prohibida toda
comercialización de este derecho de acceso"

Google translates this as "Is therefore prohibited any commercialization of
this right of access"

This could either be a NC term which prohibits commercial use of the data or
a term which prohibits commercial use of their server but does not affect
derivative works of their data. If the first, the data must obviously be
removed from OSM. If the second, it depends on the rest of the license.

Could a Spanish-speaker either provide some interpretation of the license,
or a better translation?