[OSM-legal-talk] CT-compatible data recycling imported nodes

rhn opstmaac.rhn at porcupinefactory.org
Thu Mar 29 18:16:22 BST 2012

Thanks for the explanations.
I missed a very important detail: I didn't accept CT with this account. However one of the Polish community members promised to mark all my changeset that were not imports as CT-compatible.
>From this point of view, a lot of my data is clean starting from some commit, perhaps except of those which were imported already tagged properly (paradoxically...), and those with untouched name.
In other areas, I edited data imported by other people in the same way.

My main hope is that, since I can precisely and automatically extract data pieces that I created from scratch, the data in question is not considered to be derived from CC data and therefore not bound by CC.
Regardless of the decision of UMP members, I don't want to rely solely on it in order to keep months of my work alive - that's why I'm asking for an alternative resolution here.

On a side note, relying on such a decision would be ironic - a lot of data I imported were only a copy of a PD map :)

Cheers,
rhn