[OSM-legal-talk] CT-compatible data recycling imported nodes

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Mar 28 23:31:09 BST 2012

The v0 rule essentially states that allocating an object in the DB
doesn't create IP, so if you have an object that has lost all of the
attributes it originally had it is essentially a new object.

However in your case that really doesn't apply (IMHO), because what I've
seen from your examples is that you actually imported the data yourself
and at least some of the original tags have survived. Note that the data
would actually survive the redaction process at this point in time, but
naturally you shouldn't have agreed to the CTs in the first place.

The preferred way to proceed would be for you to get permission to
release the data you imported under the ODBL from the original creator
in the UMP project, as you probably know there is an effort under way to
organize exactly that in Poland.

Simon