[OSM-legal-talk] Data consumer use cases

Igor Brejc igor.brejc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 19:53:16 GMT 2012

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2012/11/5 David Groom <reviews at pacific-rim.net>:
>
> btw.: also removing might be of interest, e.g. someone checking "all"
> businesses in OSM and removing them in the case they are closed now
> would be a major improvement we would like to have fed back into OSM
> also if nothing was actually _added_.

Such elimination would be impossible without using an external data source
of businesses now open/closed, so in my view this would constitute a
Derivative Database (with physical observations). "Adding" is an abstract
term: "removing" closed businesses could be viewed as adding information
about whether a business is now open or closed. Even if you then physically
remove all closed businesses from the database, this information would
still remain (implicitly) in the database.

Igor