[OSM-legal-talk] Which legislation applies: server or data location?

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Aug 28 18:44:36 UTC 2013

It would be interesting to know what kind of information is contained in
TrackSource, I could imagine a potential way forward based on the ago
old adage (well it is a couple of seconds old :-)):

geometry is cheap, meta expensive

If there is meta data (street names, other similar information) present
in TrackSource that has actually been surveyed and not copied from
somewhere, this could potentially be used together with our usual
complement of addicted arm chair mappers tracing geometry from aerial
imagery (which man need to be acquired in one form or another).

Simon