[OSM-legal-talk] [GIS-Kosova] OSM road network for Kosova

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Mar 7 08:49:42 UTC 2013

Bekim

The basic issue is likely to be that we never received permission to
distribute the original imported data with the ODbL implying that the
date had to be removed prior to the licence change. The redaction
process was designed to preserve as much work as possible is such
situations, but for example if the original data had road names those
will have not survived the redaction.

The consequences of not agreeing to the CTs and/or not getting
permission for continuing distribution of imported data were very clear
to the relevant contributors and their failure to do so is something you
should take up with them.

Simon