[OSM-legal-talk] [GIS-Kosova] OSM road network for Kosova

Bekim Kajtazi bekim.kajtazi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 16:20:28 UTC 2013

"Btw.: You have had to be a really hardcore (main page sidebars, wiki,
mailing list, twitter, blog, forum) ignorer if despite being active in OSM
you missed the license change."
Funny you say that...Was it me who had to contact OSM and approve the
license change or other way around. I had been informed by FLOSSK [
http://www.flossk.org/] members that OSM will send an email about new
license, I never did receive anything ,as I said earlier. The other point
that surprises me is that all the replies I have received in last couple of
days are "how possible I did not see, or ignored the notices, and what
not"...anyway, I am not interested to be confrontational on this matter, I
had sent email asking about what's going on ... and you could have seen
that if you had red the entire email chain going back for more than 6
months now.

To help understand better, this is how data got into OSM:
I digitized the data from topo maps
Shared the SHP File with FLOSSK in Prishtina
FLOSSK recruited many volunteers to get the data in OSM
Few months later data was removed from OSM

Anyway, unless there is a way to get some of that data back into the map,
then I don't see any benefit of continuing this conversation.

Thanks you,
Bekim

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Am 07/mar/2013 um 16:21 schrieb Bekim Kajtazi <bekim.kajtazi at gmail.com>:
>
> > Whatever case it is...the data is gone!!!
>

> Generally it is your responsibility to keep your contact information up to
> date.
>
> I sent 2 times around 100-200 emails to the major contributors to OSM on
> the Italian grounds which had not decided on the CTs by the time and many
> of them didn't reach the mapper because he didn't care or forgot to update
> his email.
>
> Btw.: You have had to be a really hardcore (main page sidebars, wiki,
> mailing list, twitter, blog, forum) ignorer if despite being active in OSM
> you missed the license change.
>
> cheers,
> Martin

about.me/bekim