[OSM-legal-talk] YouTube videos

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Aug 8 08:22:24 UTC 2014

The issue is not that you will not find a jurisdiction in which it is
legal, the issue is that you will surely find one where (at least
systematic) extraction of information from the videos violates the
rights of the copyright (or similar rights) holder, not to mention ToS
issues.

Now if that is in country x where we don't care if our data can be used
we can simply shrug our shoulders, I'm just not sure that that still exists.

Simon