[OSM-legal-talk] OpenStreetMap Geocoded Replication Data and Licensing

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Wed Aug 20 17:47:42 UTC 2014

Peter -

>  Do we have the ability to assign our own license to this replication
data, or will we have to release the replication data under the ODC Open
Database License?

My read is yes, you have the ability to assign your own license to the
dataset you're creating. Note you'll have to attribute OpenStreetMap.

Background of this interpretation is here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License/Geocoding_-_Guideline

(Note this document is a draft but not an officially sanctioned guideline,
in recent discussions there were diverging opinions).

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Rudloff, Peter J <peter.rudloff at okstate.edu