[OSM-legal-talk] Reference data

Paul Churchley paul at churchley.org
Wed Jan 14 10:09:16 UTC 2015

As the Open Charge Map data is licensed under CC-BY-SA 3.0 it is not
compatible with the OSM license so it is unlikely I can import data from
OCM to OSM.

However, would it be an acceptable practice to tag a OSM node with a
reference tag... perhaps ref:ocm=* with the OCM reference number?

The reference number is just that and so I would imagine that would not
really be covered by the license. Am I correct?

I am thinking that this could be a way around the import licensing issue...
by just adding a OCM reference number back to the actual data on OCM?

Regards

Paul