[OSM-legal-talk] Comparing geodata results in ODbL? (was metadata)

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Oct 22 09:45:55 UTC 2015

I suspect that as posed the problem is not really resolvable in a
reasonable fashion.

My Gordian knot solution for providing QA feedback to the OSM community
would be: determine the centroids of your proprietary building data set,
remove those that are covered by an OSM building (likely you would need
to do a matching of the centroids from both data sets), and generate a
map showing the missing buildings as a marker. If you combine this with
OSM data, in theory you would have to share the centroid dataset on
request, but that is likely not an issue.

Simon