[OSM-legal-talk] Tunisia delegations areas import :: Need for a license clearence

Marrouchi Mohamed marrouchi.mohamed at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 12:41:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm member of OpenStreetMap Tunisia community and i want to bulk upload
tunisian delegations areas into OpenStreetMap (the actual data is messy). I
need a license clearence, so can i get confirmation that data's license is
compatible with OSM ?

The data source is an official goverment open data portal :
*http://catalog.industrie.gov.tn/dataset/tn-decoupage-administratif-de-la-tunisie/resource/471a9a09-5069-4b7f-8ef0-4a2085174890
<http://catalog.industrie.gov.tn/dataset/tn-decoupage-administratif-de-la-tunisie/resource/471a9a09-5069-4b7f-8ef0-4a2085174890>*

The license is not explicitly specified in the previous webpage, but
there's a link in the footer menu "License" which points to the license
page in french : http://data.industrie.gov.tn/licence/

It says clearly at the end that the license is compatible with OGL, CC-BY
2.0 and ODC-BY.

PS : I've already contacted imports at openstreetmap.org and Ivan which is in
CC has reached out to me to assist me in this operation (it's my first
experience).

Regards,