[OSM-legal-talk] Licensing question

Kathleen Lu kathleen.lu at mapbox.com
Fri Aug 2 16:35:52 UTC 2019

Agreed, my opinion is that generally a scenery generating program should be
considered a produced work.

It's possible the program reads from a derived database, depending on
whether map features were added, but that *database* could be made
available under ODbL. The program being GPL shouldn't block that
(otherwise, you couldn't have a photo processing program that was GPL, for
example)

-Kathleen