[OSM-legal-talk] Removal of 'unsuitable' content from an OSM-related site

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Dec 2 10:01:13 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 02.12.20 09:49, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> As I said I am paying for this out of my own money and do not want the
> storage space to be used for purposes other than panos of walking trails.

I think you have already done *much* more than can be expected of you. I
would have removed the data long ago. Or, if you are in a business-y
mood, offer to keep their images if they pay you some money - depending
on what their use-case and expertise is, it might be cheaper for them to
pay you than to run things themselves. If you're lucky, it pays for the
whole server and then some.

That of course then puts you in a situation where you will have some
obligations, and you'd need to explain to them that they can't expect
you to fix a bug on Christmas Eve. Which is likely going to be ok for
them, since at the moment they rely on a service that could delete their
images for good any time ;)

Bye
Frederik