[OSM-legal-talk] Brexit & EU database rights

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Dec 10 23:16:11 UTC 2020

To answer the questions caveat there is no relevant court decisions that
I know of, so this is all likely untested: insubstantial changes to a
database do not create a new one, but substantial changes do. Where the
line is drawn, or better where the OSMF draws the line, is currently
open. See article 10
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A31996L0009

Simon