[OSM-legal-talk] Using OSM data, to generate game worlds. How does the license apply to projects like this?

darkdanube darkdanube94 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 16:17:29 UTC 2021

Hi Christoph!

Thank you for the detailed answer! I think I understand it now.
So if I create a game which uses OSM data, this is what I have to make:

- Acknowledge that the data is from OSM
- Make freely available the OSM extract ( Maybe as an overpass query )
- Make all the other data sources available, which are used to improve the
OSM data, and could be contributed back to OSM. ( For example a LIDAR
survey, which is used to measure building heights )

Am I correct?

Thanks,
Lucas

Christoph Hormann via legal-talk <legal-talk at openstreetmap.org> ezt írta