[Local-chapters] Today's meeting

Ulf Möller usenet at ulfm.de
Fri Sep 4 21:28:55 BST 2009

Eugene Alvin Villar schrieb:

> So I think that the "current community consensus" is the one stated in
> the "Financial" section of the wiki page:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php?title=Foundation/Local_Chapters&oldid=331722#Financial
> <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php?title=Foundation/Local_Chapters&oldid=331722#Financial>
That's what I think also.

I think we should support local chapters in obtaining preferred tax
status in their jurisdictions. In many cases that will mean they can't
make payments to the foundation, but it will make it much easier for
them to raise to funds to support OSM (perhaps similar to how the German
Wikimedia chapter supports Wikipedia by running squid proxies and the
toolservers).