[Local-chapters] giving the local chapter a name and logo

ivom ivo.vdmaagdenberg at pandora.be
Tue Sep 8 19:24:53 BST 2009

Hi,

Small question about the rules for naming a local chapter.

Is it legally ok for the OSMF to use the "OpenStreetMap" word in the name
of the Chapter? I was thinking like: OpenStreetMap Belgium. And what about
reusing the logo that is currently published on the wiki.

By extension: Do I need a formal written agreement of the OSMF to reuse
the name OpenStreetMap?

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I would like to know in advance
to prepare stuff, like a website, printed matter, the bylaws, etc. before
the association under construction goes public.

Kind regards,
Ivom