[Local-chapters] Meeting reminder

Julio Costa juliocostaz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 20:07:38 BST 2009

Dear Iván,

I think we all are pretty much interested in knowing what is discussed at
the Local-Chapters Working Group meetings, but 8:00am BST means that most of
the interested people in America (Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia,
Cuba and the US) will be at some point between 2:00am and 4:00am.

I know that meetings are there to make the Local Chapters idea to work, but
I am not sure that attending a 3:00am meeting (on a work day) and then leave
for work at 7:00am will do any good to (me or) the Local Chapter (Right now,
at least for me, it seams like investing Saturdays building the core of the
future local community at Mapping Parties is a wiser idea).

My point is to try to program the future meetings at a time or day of the
week that is good for most of the interested people around the world. I know
that there is no perfect time that will work for Tokyo, London and San
Francisco, but we can search for a time that will at least not deprive us
from sleep time during week nights.

Cheers,

Julio Costa Zambelli