[Local-chapters] Draft OpenStreetMap Local Chapter Agreement v0.3 [updated]

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 00:47:29 BST 2009

2009/9/17 Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivan at sanchezortega.es>:
> It says " *MAY* be required".

May holds a different meaning in legalese.

> And by "organising local meetings", I think the OSMF really means "set up
> mapping parties, get some work done, and get drunk afterwards!".

At present we will most likely have a board in Australia very
geographically diverse, so much so that any meetings will have to be
held electronically just to get a quorum, while I'm not apposed to
things like this being suggested I don't think activities of the group
need to be mandated by another group.

> On the other hand, some jurisdictions (mine) require these records to be
> public.

The model rules the government publishes here just states that members
can inspect the books, I'm not sure if third parties can legally
inspect membership records or financial records other than the
government of course, due to privacy laws.