[Local-chapters] Arbitration of conflicts

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Feb 12 19:56:41 GMT 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Julio Costa <juliocostaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am sorry I accidentally pressed the Send button in my last message
> and it tooked me a long time to finish this second message (the bloody
> iPhone spanish automatic spell checking).
>
> I was starting to write about our terrestrial frontiers with
> Argentina, and our most hot topic, the Maritime Boundary with Peru.

Thank you for the interesting background on the maritime border dispute.

You haven't mentioned any attempt to discuss this with user:Ivanovici.
 Would you consider contacting Ivanovici and trying to find a point of
agreement between you?  I mean, why make this an international
incident if it need not be an international incident.

Er, okay.  I guess it really is a point of international discussion.
But if two of the involved OSM editors can agree to get along, at
least there won't have to be a reciprocal reversion contest.

The disputes page also offers a couple of OSM regulars willing to act
as mediators if you would rather not speak directly with Ivanovici.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Disputes