[Local-chapters] Requirements Local Chapters

Henk Hoff toffehoff at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 17:08:24 GMT 2010

Hi all,

It has been some time since the last update and meeting about Local
Chapters.

Based on the discussions in our last meetings and some one-on-one
discussions with some of you, I've set up a new document with
requirements/guidelines for local chapters. This document is loosy based on
the requirements/guidelines the Wikimedia Foundation has set up for it's
local chapters.

This document should be the basis to set up a local chapter. The official
agreement between the individual LC and the Foundation can handle all the
specific issues related to the laws/regulations/etc concerning that country.
But that would be discussions between the concerning LC and the Foundation.

Here's the document: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dd8ngscc_11f58875c7

Comments are welcomed. Please use seperate e-mail threads for specific
subjects of comment.

For those who would like to talk about it, I'll invite you to a conference
call tomorrow *(Friday) at 7pm GMT* (
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time/scripts/clock-8/runner.php). I'll send
the dail-in codes later.

Cheers,