[Mailman] tile server access

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Nov 9 15:43:14 UTC 2015

On 09/11/15 14:52, mrieker at nii.net wrote:

> Sorry I can't figure out from the website who to contact regarding access
> to the tile servers and this was the only email address I could find.  I
> saw the name Jon Burgess as a tile server admin but there wasn't any
> contact info.

Well the mailing list administrator is clearly not the right person.

I'd really love to know why it is that we get so many of these questions
coming to this address, so if you let me know where you found it then
that would be great.

The real problem is that you're looking for something that doesn't
actually exist - a person that can tell you what you're doing is OK.

What you should is to read the usage policy and comply with it:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tile.openstreetmap.org/Usage_policy

After that the best thing is to come #osm-dev on IRC and ask if you need
advice on how to comply.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)