[Mailman] New Mailing List for East Anglia (GB)

Robert Whittaker robert at mathmos.net
Tue Jul 23 15:07:53 UTC 2019

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019, Michael Collinson wrote:
> I just checked, there already is a curiously named
> *Talk-gb-midanglia*
> <https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb-midanglia>
> which is for "Mapping discussions for East Anglia (UK)". Would
> this suffice?

I think that line must be a typo, since the text below then says
"Mapping in the area loosely based around Cambridge, UK:
Cambridgeshire, west Suffolk, north east Herts, north west Essex,
south west Norfolk".

I'm note sure "Mid Anglia" as a region really exists, but in any
case, that list seems to be for the area around Cambridge, rather
than East Anglia (which definitely covers all of Norfolk and
Suffolk, and depending on the definition, may include some/all of
Cambridgeshire too).

I guess the "Mid Anglia" list could be expanded to include all of
Norfolk and Suffolk, but then it would probably need renaming to
"East Anglia" anyway. In terms of geographic use, I think it would
be useful to have a Norfolk and Suffolk centric list, in addition
to the existing "Mid Anglia" one.

> FYI, in general, my doctrine for setting up mailing lists is to
> follow the OSM ethos of "just do it" unless there is a really
> good reason not to. All I need is the email address of one
> person willing to act as administrator, (multiple admins OK).

If you're happy to set the list up, could we have
talk-gb-eastanglia then? I'm happy to be a/the admin, but could
your use robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com as the address (as that's
what I use for posting to the OSM mailing lists). We'll probably
get at least one other admin going forward.

Many thanks,

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker