[Mapcss] Image to show oww

Thu Jul 8 09:43:16 BST 2010

On 2010-07-08, Sebastian Klein wrote:
> I'm impressed, is it "just" these 4 tiny source files (+style rules)
> that produce such a great output?

Well, I would not call them tiny, but yes, it is those four source
files, the style file and an .osm data file as downloaded from TRAPI.

By now, that image which is created from a 12MB data file takes about 40
seconds to render on my 2 year MacBook including reading the data file
and everything. As I can cache the data across runs, I think creating
multiple zoom areas might go faster on average. I haven't really timed
yet how long single operations take though.
As for performance, once I start doing the "eval()" thing, I guess my
performance is about to go downhill though :-).

I just updated the ceyx wiki page to include more information on how to
run the thing. Improvement suggestions and patches welcome.

Sebastian