[Mapcss] Strings and Keywords

Komяpa me at komzpa.net
Thu Jul 22 23:34:25 BST 2010

> So we could have a rigid MapCSS spec that says "no magick". However,
> renderer authors would be at liberty to add their own "magick" to cope with
> imperfections in the data, just as browser authors have done. I think that
> I'd include yes/true/1 magick in Halcyon/P2, but that doesn't confer any
> obligation on anyone else to do so.
Seems to me we should have a page on "Implementation details and
tricks" that should be linked from everywhere along the mapcss spec
and have non-obligatory things like "=yes might also match =1 and
=true" and "if you see an unknown color, take md5 of it and use it as
the color".

--
Komяpa aka Darafei Praliaskouski
xmpp:me at komzpa.net mailto:me at komzpa.net