[Mapcss] Kothic JS - a full-featured JavaScript map rendering engine using HTML5 Canvas

Paul Hartmann phaaurlt at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 6 18:00:23 BST 2011

On 07/06/2011 05:03 PM, Alex Zolotarev wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Have you finished your perl script which translates existing Mapnik styles to MapCSS?
>
> With best regards,
> Alex Zolotarev

Here is the code:

https://github.com/bastik/mapcss-tools/tree/master/mapnik2mapcss

It translates some parts of the osm.xml properly, but not everything is
supported yet. (There are a lot of special cases that are hard to
automate.) You can use the option --layers LAYER1,LAYER2,... to parse
only certain Mapnik Layers & the Styles they reference.

My goal is to create a full mapnik-osm.mapcss file, but that's still a
bit of work.

Paul