[Mapcss] text

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Mar 14 14:21:13 GMT 2011

Hi Sebastian.

I'm not sure if there is something in current MapCSS ideas against the
functionality "inherited" from classical CSS.
In CSS I would suggest a cascading scheme for the labelling fallbacks
(the @ indicates an attribute - ignore it, if that's not MapCSS syntax),
but I hope, you get what I mean:

building[@addr:housenumber] {
     text: @addr:housenumber;
}

building[@addr:housename] {
     text: @addr:housename;
}

building[@name] {
     text: @name;
}

building[@name:de] {
     text: @name:de;
}

The value of text is calculated cascadingly: apply all definitions
consecutively, overwriting properties, if applied again.
If there is a Tag name:de at a building, it would be applied in my
example, as it's the last statement applied.

regards
Peter