[Mapcss] MapCSS 0.2 finalization and cleanup
me at komzpa.net
Sat Apr 28 09:59:50 BST 2012
We all know everyone is willing to make their renderer the best one.
Everyone has own purpuose - some are targeting on speed, some are
willing to provide good editing experience, some want to just show
something to the user...
So, what do I propose:
1. Count and list active renderer developers. Those who really have
time to fix minor things and want to have a badge "Supports MapCSS 0.2
2. Set up a deadline. Something real, like 1st of June (or July),
2012, when a spec will be marked "final", and all things post this
date will go to further versions/extensions/discussions.
3. Chop the current draft to really really basic things. As we see,
almost noone supports extrude, not everyone has support for eval(),
.pseudoclasses aren't widely used, shields aren't implemented in most
software, set and exit; ...
So, we make a list of core features that everyone supports or will be
able to support in the nearest time.
4. Split all the stuff that's chopped from 0.2 spec into some separate
features for further discussion.
5. Draw beautiful badges "Powered by MapCSS" for sites and renderers.
Are there any supporters for this initiative? :3
Lately, I've tried to make a stylesheet that will look the same in
kothic, komap, potlatch and josm, and wasn't able to do it, because
even basic things like casing-width are handled differently in all of
I just want to have a strict subset of MapCSS that will work
everywhere for sure. :3
Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski
OSM BY Team - http://openstreetmap.by/
xmpp:me at komzpa.net mailto:me at komzpa.net
More information about the Mapcss