[Mapcss] MapCSS 0.2 finalization and cleanup

Thomas Davie tom.davie at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 10:11:28 BST 2012

It's a great goal, and I'd be very up for getting OSP into shape to accept 0.2 spec MapCSS.

I agree on pretty much all your points about what should be cut with one exception – shields.  OSP doesn't actually support them, but I think they're valuable to have, and simple to implement, I suspect most people who haven't implemented them (myself included) will have not done so out of laziness, rather than an issue with them.

One other tweak I'd like to propose is the dropping of a syntactic leniency which has some nasty consequences.  Namely, that the last declaration in a specifier list does not need a semicolon after it in the current spec.  This (surprisingly) is sufficient to stop the grammar being LALR(1)!  More so, I don't really see what it gives the language, beyond the ability to easily generate syntax errors while adding declarations.  I realise my reasons for requesting this are a bit selfish – they have a lot to do with the style of implementation I have chosen for my MapCSS parser, but I do think there are compelling reasons for it too.

Thanks

Tom Davie
if (*ra4 != 0xffc78948) { return false; }