[Mapcss] SotM Birds of a Feather

Stephan Bösch-Plepelits skunk at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Sep 13 16:37:40 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 05:29:28PM +0100, Malcolm Herring wrote:
> On 08/09/2013 15:25, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> >If you were at the BoF and there's something I've missed, do say! Thanks
> >to everyone for coming along.
> One thing I raised was that we should start a discussion on
> consolidating the various dialects of MapCSS that exist into one
> reference specification.
My words. As I think that a Wiki is not an ideal place to develop a
specification I suggested a move to Github:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/mapcss/2013-August/000377.html

I even created a Repository which could be moved to a project name space
(e.g. openstreetmap/mapcss): https://github.com/plepe/mapcss

Unfortunately I didn't get much feedback.

> It would be helpful if the developers of these projects could
> publish links to their specifications in the MapCSS pages in the OSM
> Wiki.
I just added a link to pgmapcss's documentation. The documentation also
contains compatibility notes regarding MapCSS 0.2.

greetings,
        Stephan
--
Seid unbequem, seid Sand, nicht Öl im Getriebe der Welt! - Günther Eich