[Mapcss] "Layer" in MapCSS

Wed Sep 18 14:10:58 UTC 2013

On 18/09/2013 15:01, Komяpa wrote:
> In that case, "layer" is value of layer= tag, with default of 0. That
> gives automagical perfect rendering of multi-level crossings.

Yep. We have the perennial problem with OSM that some aspects of
geometry are expressed in metadata (i.e. tags/relation structures)
rather than in attributes (as lat/lon) - in particular, layers and
multipolygons.

MapCSS has traditionally taken the attitude that stylesheet authors
shouldn't have to worry about this and has therefore automagically
abstracted them away.

cheers
Richard