[Mapcss] Support of specific language feature in libraries

Stephan Bösch-Plepelits skunk at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 20 04:19:50 UTC 2014

Hi!

If you've seen my talk about pgmapcss on SOTM-EU last week[1], you know
that I have a dream: to use the same map style on a variety of devices and
platforms, like Web (background tiles), Web (interactive overlays), Mobile
/ Smartphone, Desktop applications, Editor, Print, ...

In my opinion MapCSS could eventually be this language, but still there's a
long way to go. First of all, the MapCSS standard still misses some
important features. Additionally the specific implementations differ
greatly.

On the MapCSS/0.2 page[2] in the Wiki there is already a table of which
properties (like 'width' and 'color') are supported by which library.

Now, I also added tables for the support of specific language features
(e.g.  regexp conditions, whether tags can be set, @import, rendering
order, ...). I also re-structured the eval()-syntax page[3] and added
support tables for support of eval()-functions and -operators.

I already added support tables for pgmapcss (which I develop myself) and
JOSM (which I regularily use).

If you are developer of a mapcss library, please take the time to add your
library to those support tables. To avoid confusion, it might be advisable
to keep the same order in the tables from the properties tables.

[1] http://sotm-eu.org/en/slots/6
[2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/MapCSS/0.2
[3] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/MapCSS/0.2/eval

greetings,
	Stephan
--
Seid unbequem, seid Sand, nicht Öl im Getriebe der Welt! - Günther Eich