[MapRoulette] [API] separate POST and PUT now live.

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Tue Jul 29 19:07:05 UTC 2014

Hi all,

The API change I emailed some of you about has gone live. This means
that you can no longer use PUT requests to create new challenges and
tasks. PUT is now for updates only, and POST requests for creating new
challenges / tasks only. So no more 'upserting'. I hope this is not
too much of a hassle, but it turned out that performance took a
serious hit because of all the database roundtrips involved.

(This is a more stringent separation than the HTTP spec and best REST
practices call for. See
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/630453/put-vs-post-in-rest for a
good discussion if you're interested in more details.)

The new release is tagged with today's date -->
https://github.com/osmlab/maproulette/releases/tag/20140729

Let me know if you have any questions.

--
Martijn van Exel