[MapRoulette] API authentication changes

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Fri Jul 31 02:42:10 UTC 2015

Hi all,

The HTTP tunneling required to administrate challenges and tasks on
the MapRoulette production server is going to be eliminated in favor
of basic HTTP authentication on the /api/admin/* methods.

What this means for you, if you are a challenge administrator, is that
you can now administer your challenges without establishing an HTTP
tunnel first. Instead though, you will need a password for the
/api/admin/* endpoints, that I will gladly provide you with.

This change will take place sometime in the weekend of August 8-9 on
maproulette.org. You can try it on dev.maproulette.org right now,
using username 'devuser' and password 'mylittlesony'.

Let me know if you need any help transitioning over.

Martijn van Exel
skype: mvexel